Tuesday, February 14, 2012

White Hairs Loss of Pigment During Pregnancy?

Never had a white hair before! I'm pregnant, my hair is dark. I have several white hairs around 10+ that have appeared the length of what I've grown in the 5 1/2 M pregnant. Some show a dark end and the new growth is white now not even grey. How normal is this during pregnancy? And should I expect my hair to return to normal after pregnacy (i.e. no more growth of white hairs after pregancy)?White Hairs Loss of Pigment During Pregnancy?
I've had a couple of white hairs since I was about 17 or 18 (pregnant at 17.) I don't know if my pregnancy had anything to do with it or if it was just genetics. My dad had been full gray since his late 20's and his mother was full white since her 20's.


But I have heard of hair changes during pregnancy. I mostly hear of hair getting darker and thicker. But I've read stories of women's hair getting lighter. I don't think it's very common though. I still have my 2 white hairs by the way. They are stronger than my other hair, I can never yank them out, I have to cut them.

No comments:

Post a Comment