Tuesday, February 14, 2012

SEVERE hair loss in pregnancy?

my hair has been falling out so so SO SO bad!! just right now i went to brush my hair and like 3 handfuls came out...i am not in the slightest bit exaggerating!! i seriously even cried :( well that could be the hormones but still!! i take my vitamin daily, eat well, i just dont know what to do!! i thought when you were pregnant you had beautiful thick hair!! lol help me :(SEVERE hair loss in pregnancy?
You might want to bring it up to the doc.. it may not have nothing to do with pregnancy but losing that amount of hair down sound normal... Unless maybe even though u eat healthy and take ur vitamins your body might be lacking something still?


Sorry wish I had better advice! I would be in trouble if my hair did that to me as I already have thin hair!SEVERE hair loss in pregnancy?
I haven't had this problem, but I do know it's normal. I hear it gets worse after you have the baby too. =( Talk to your OBGYN to see if there is anything that you can be taking to help w/ it. Also, this may sound weird, but talk to your hair stylist. She may have some suggestions as well. I didn't even know this happened until my cousin who is a mom %26amp; my hair stylist warned me. She actually knew a lot on the subject.
Hormones...yeah I am shedding like a dog. I am 14 weeks pregnant and I lose alot in the shower, then when i brush, and if I run my fingers through my hair. But as long as you arent getting bald spots, or lose literally CHUNKS of hair, then you are fine. Call your OBGYN if you are really worried.
My daughter will be 2 on June 4th. I had the same problem with my hair. It never did go back to normal and is STILL thin:( I mean it was thin before and now its super thin. And now I'm pregnant again but so far so good.





Good luck and congrats on the baby.
Its because of the thickening of your hair that makes it fall out,your hair thickens quickly and so fast that some tends to come away making you feel as if you are actually losing a lot,its normal don't worry.
Are you taking fish oil Omega 3? If not, start asap. This helps a lot. Also start taking an Iron supplement, but check with your doctor first. Iron is proven to promote hair growth.
I think you may wanna mention this to your doctor as to me that's a little strange and too much hair to fall out at once
some people do and some people dont..it just depends..talk to your dr. about it..its should stop after you have the baby..so dont worry

No comments:

Post a Comment