Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair loss after pregnancy?

I know hair loss is normal, but this seems excessive. I lose tons of hair in the shower when I wash my hair and then tons more when I am blow drying it and brushing it. It almost fills my brush every time I brush it after a shower. My son is 2 months old (he'll be 3 months on 10/22)





Is this normal to lose this much hair?? Hair loss after pregnancy?
Hormones and stress aren't a good combination. I had ungodly thick hair before my first pregnancy, and it thinned out seriously, by my standards, after wards. I was worse than a dog or cat. However after about six or eight months it really slowed down. My hair kinda thickened back up but not like how it was before. It did the same after my second, but with my third it hasn't been that bad at all.


If it gets really, really bad though you may want to see your doctor and see what they have to say.Hair loss after pregnancy?
I lost tons of hair even into my son's 6th month, he is now 16 months old and I still look ridiculous from the massive hair loss. All of my long hair in the front fell out and is growing back in slowly so I had ';sprouts'; for hair for months and now I look like I chose this hairstyle from the 80's but really I'm just trying to let my hair grow again. I just tell people I didn't choose this hairstyle, it chose me. :(





I also take Omega 3-6-9 (2) capsules, three times a day. For my hair as well as other things.
Yeah, while you were pregnant your scalp didn't shed hair as it normally does from day to day. After the hormones in your body start to re-regulate you will lose the hair you didn't during pregnancy. It will eventually stop. If you are getting bald spots then I would worry, but if not I would say you're fine.
Hair loss is usually normal but if there is too much shedding then try this remedy. Mix 1 egg, 2.5 tablespoons milk powder and 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil. Massage on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo.


Check out http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info.



Yes. And its no fun. My son is 5 months old and my hair is still falling out like crazy. I think I may go insane from it... LOL. I dont know when its supposed to stop...I am ready to chop my hair off though.. its too long...and with it falling out.. makes it even worse...
the same thing has beeen happening to me ever since i gave birth to my daughter she is almost 6 months old !!! the doc told me ';stress'; but i think its a wayyy much to be losing. he said my hormones are still going up and down.
Yes! I have been loosing hair so much since I had my son. I wish I could tell you when it stops, but so far 12 months later still falling out!

No comments:

Post a Comment