Sunday, February 12, 2012

Is hair loss after pregnancy normal? If so, will it stop?!?

My baby is 4 months old and i've been shedding hair for about a month. Im scared of combing my hair now because so much comes out. Im not sure if its because im breastfeeding orrrr... i dont know?! Im only 22 years old i dont want to be bald so young.Is hair loss after pregnancy normal? If so, will it stop?!?
I had some major hair loss after my second child was born and it lasted for awhile. In fact it lasted for almost a yr. I think it was a little over 8 months. I did not go bald and I was not balding but everytime I took a shower I felt like there was something really wrong and that I was sick. I was so worried because I would brush my hair and clumps would come out in the brush and in my hand.


Don't worry, I was reassured by a friend that my hair loss was a common thing for some women after having their children.


She told me that in some cases it has to do with the horomones, some of the stress and eating habits changing. Also remember if you hair was a lot fuller during pregancy this is just your body going back to normal more than likely.


If it more extreme than this and last a long time though I would contact your Doctor and see if they can check to make sure that you are getting all the nutrients that you need and that there isnt something else seriously wrong.Is hair loss after pregnancy normal? If so, will it stop?!?
Yes. Totally! Your hair don't fall when you're pregnant (that's why we say that pregnant women have beautiful hair - they're really thick) so after the pregnancy, all the hair that was suppose to fall earlier falls then. It will stop, don't worry.
A friend of mine went thru the same thing she now has a 6 months old daughter and her hair is still shedding, continue to use your vitamins
lol you wont go bald. It's perfectly normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment