Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair loss and pregnancy/vitamins/shot?

Is it pregnancy that causes hair to thicken and grow faster, or is it the vitamins?





I had my baby 3 months ago and I am losing SO much hair. It is literally all over my house. I stopped taking the vitamins after I gave birth. I also got the shot at my 6 week post-partum visit, so maybe it is from that?





The amount of hair that I am losing in the shower a DAY is the amount of hair that would be clogging the drain after a month (before I was preggo). How long does this typically last?Hair loss and pregnancy/vitamins/shot?
When you're pregnant you don't lose the hair you normally would making it feel thicker. Once you have the baby the follicles release the hair it had been holding on to making it seem like all of your hair is falling out. It's normal and nothing to worry about. It can take up to a year to be normal depending on your hormones and if you're breastfeeding.Hair loss and pregnancy/vitamins/shot?
I lost a lot of hair from 4 to 6 months postpartum. My hair got very thick (for me) during pregnancy, which I loved, because I have very thin, fine hair normally. So, for a couple of months my hair looked horrible. It's finally coming back to some semblence of normal in the last couple of months - one year post-partum. Hair loss can be normal a few months out postpartum. It also turned out my thyroid was off more than usual, too, thanks to postpartum, so my replacement was adjusted, which helped a bit, too.
It's the pregnancy. Nearly everyone goes through it. I had hand fulls of hair come out but don't worry you won't go bald. The hormones from pregnancy retain most of the hair your would normally lose, after the hormones leave around 3 months the extra hair falls out.
the hormones and vits caused the hair growth and now as your body levels back out you will begin to lose it and within a year should be back to normal. THOU you should still be taking the VITs if your breast feeding. and also to help you level out GL

No comments:

Post a Comment