Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Could cat's hair loss be associated with stress in pregnancy?

My cat just had kittens and for the past two months she has been losing her hair on her back half, legs and stomach. She has no redness or irritation of the skin. She isn't excessively stratching the area and I don't visibly see any fleas. Could this be stress associated with her pregnancy? I would like to take her to the vet but was told that they would give her antibiotics and if it was a skin irritation that they would clear it,if not they would run more test. But wouldn't antibiotics be harmful to the kittens if given to her. I would like to just wait to see if it clears up after she finishes nursing. I have another cat and he has not been exposed to whatever she has so I'm certain it's not contagious. If it's just stress related I'm afraid that I will send a lot of money needlessly for them to tell me this is what it is.Could cat's hair loss be associated with stress in pregnancy?
Could be - could also be an allergy. Have you changed brands of kitty liter lately? Brands of food?


Same happened to my male kitty. He had an allergy. One shot took care of it. Take your pet to the vet. Tell him she is nursing and go from there.Could cat's hair loss be associated with stress in pregnancy?
At least check with your vet, please. Sounds like she may have an allergy. Your vet would know if an antibiotic would harm the nursing kittens, and I'm not even sure that she needs that type of medicine.
  • chin blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment