Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair loss after pregnancy?

I had my son nearly 4 months ago, and now my hair is drastically falling out! I know that you get a great head of hair during pregnancy, and then lose it after, but is it supposed to be this scary?!


When I shower I get a good old clump come out on my hands, and when I dry/brush my hair, I get even more!Hair loss after pregnancy?
Don't worry - it's normal. As you hardly lose any hair when you're pregnant, that extra mop has to go eventually. Unfortunately, nature is cruel and it often comes out in a couple of areas in particular rather than from the whole head. I found it came away around my fringe and at the front side of the head, which my hairdresser assured me was very normal. It's just because it's coming out at once that it seems so much.





Rest assured you won't end up bald. You may have a few areas with lighter volume of hair, but you won't notice these as it tends to be from the underneath layers of hair, and it soon grows back.Hair loss after pregnancy?
UNFORTUNATELY Its natural, I'm waiting for it to happen again, now I have had my 2nd child, I'm seeing little strands falling away. *gulp*





With my first post-pregnancy hair dramas, It took me 3 years to get my hair back to full thickness (including my eyelashes and brows - I couldn't wear mascara for so long!) and grow out the baby ';punk'; hair on the annoying cow-lick I already have to deal with.





There really isn't much you can do about it, I read that if you spend some time everyday brushing it out (no need to be too obsessive about it though) then the sooner the hair can start re-growing. Vitamins and the lot won't really do much for you either.





Good luck everyone!! :D
Stress/Anxiety: Life-changing events, such as divorce or death, childbirth as well as career and financial difficulties can take their toll on hair growth. Fortunately, the condition is temporary and will dissipate as the cause does.


Diet/Exercise: A bad diet, lack of exercise, and lack of hydration can cause hair loss to accelerate beyond the normal (normal being 100 or so strands a day). Again, this can be reversed with a better lifestyle
I thought that I was going bald after my first son was born... I'm not looking forward to it again now that my 2nd is born.... I lost a lot too! and then when it grew back in it was like a fuzzy halo all around my head when it was about 1.5 inches long... I couldn't get it to lay flat at all....
You should increase your protein intake and that will help with you hair loss. It is scary but give it time and you will find that there will be increased growth after a time. Don't stress that will only increase the anxiety.
If you use a blow dryer to dry your hair you might want to stop that. Also don't brush your hair whilst it's still wet.


If you are really worried, contact your doctor and as her/him about it

No comments:

Post a Comment