Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair loss after pregnancy ?

hi i am 2 months pregnant at the moment and im really scared about loosing hair after the pregnancy as i read that this is very common.. does it fall out for long? does it show much?


thank you for any help xHair loss after pregnancy ?
I have 2 kids and I lost tons of hair after both for a while. I thought I was going to go bald LOL My daughter is 13 months old and I am still losing a little, but I just got finished breast feeding too. That might have something to do with it because of crazy hormones. I promise you though it will stop and all grow back! I have a bunch of new hairs filling in my hair line now. Thank god! :) Congrats and good luck!Hair loss after pregnancy ?
actually when you are pregnant your body retains most of the hair that you would have lost. in a normal day a person loses 80-130 strands of hair but while you are pregnant you will lose a lot less than that so after you have the baby your body will start shedding the hair that it has held on to during pregnancy. so it will seem like ';all'; of your hair is falling out it really will only be shedding what you would have lost anyway.
My hair started falling out 4 months after my daughter was born.


I found it was falling out for about 4 months, noone could notice other than me. just to put the brush through my hair, my brush would then be full of hair.


Im now pregnant with baby #2 12 weeks 1 day and its already falling out again, still noone can notice it but its now even coming out alot when i wash my hair too.


My hair has started thinning but im not going bald or anything like that..


If your really worried speak to your doctor about it ans see what they say





Hope this is some help for you
most people's hair loss isnt that severe. I think i lost some around the front for a while, lasted about 6 months then it went back to normal. Wasnt noticeable to anyone else but me really, but then i have thick afro hair, so any hair loss wouldnt be as noticeable i guess
I don't think you actually loose hair it's just that it doesn't come out when you are pregnant and then once you have given birth it just catches up and you loose all you didn't loose for 9 mths. As if you haven't done enough. lol. Just enjoy having gorgeous hair while you are pg. Congrats
i lost some hair afterwards but no-one noticed except for me and my hairdresser! It's usually easy to hide, although I did have some fluffy 'baby' hair at the front of my hairline for a while afterwards!
My hair started to fall out when my baby was 3 months old, quite a bit did fall out around the forehead. He is 6 months now and its started to calm down and grow back wooohooo! :)
Hi





You wont go bald!! The hair that falls out is all the hair that would have fallen out normally if you werent pregnant! Don't worry :)
i still have a full head or hair...not like balding or anything, but my hair is thin compared to before i had my child.
Talk about vain! Are you sure you should have kids! You have to spend time looking after them, not looking at yourself in the mirror!

No comments:

Post a Comment