Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hair texture changed after pregnancy and hair loss. Can anyone help explain this?

I used to have beautiful, thick wavy hair that dried perfectly by itself. I lost a lot of hair after going through labor and now it is kinky, frizzy, and pretty much lifeless. I have never colored it and I only blow dry it at most a few times a week. Will my hair return to its same texture once the hair has grown back in (my hair dresser said she could feel some regrowth) or do you think this is permanent? All help is appreciated!Hair texture changed after pregnancy and hair loss. Can anyone help explain this?
Every woman's hair goes through changes during pregnancy and birth. Mine used to be naturally wavy--very wavy--and totally straightened out during pregnancy. Three months after my son's birth, my hair was falling out constantly! It was awful! That went on for another three months, but by now (almost 8 months) my hair is back to being super wavy, full and soft.





It will return to normal. You don't say when you gave birth...if it's a few months ago, give it more time. Your body is still trying to get back to normal.





Congrats on the little one!Hair texture changed after pregnancy and hair loss. Can anyone help explain this?
Hello





Pregnancy hair loss issues are very common. Rest assured your hair loss issues will end, and your hair will return to the way it was before.
its because u lost alot of your vitamins.. i had the same problem so i went to the hair salon and they recommended me to take the prenatal vitamins and which made me have my thick hair and i dont loose alot of hair anymore hope this helps
Hormones. And it shouldn't be permanent. But some changes could, like my mom had super wavy hair before pregnancy and it's now as straight as a board.

No comments:

Post a Comment