Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair loss after pregnancy?

I know it's normal for some people's hair to fall out a lot after pregnancy, but my baby was about 10 months old when this started. She's almost a year now, and it's still falling out a lot. Did anyone have this so far past pregnancy or should I be worrying?Hair loss after pregnancy?
I thought I was in the clear after I had my son, because I wasn't loosing any hair and figured it would happen relatively soon after his birth. Then about 8 1/2 months after he was born it started coming out like crazy! It lasted for me about 3-4 months and amazingly, I still have hair left. : ) Hang in there, but this is normal. :)Hair loss after pregnancy?
I had a lot of loss postpartum- then when one of my friends recommended an oil for growth I tried it. And it didnt stop like immediately but in a week, it was much lesser and after that I get very few strands of hair falling in a day.


She's african american- so I figured if it helped her, it would me.


Its a natural oil and it did a good job
Mine started when my daughter was about 2 months. It stoped when she was about 5 months. Now that she's almost 7 months it's still falling out a little at a time (more so then before I got pregnant). Theres a B vit. called Biotin that helps with hair and nails. My doctor told me it was very safe to take, and helps in the aid of making her hair stronger.
This happened with both my daughters and to my suprise I'm not bald yet. Some women's systems are just different from others and they react differently. Some women lose the hair right after birth and it stops at a certain age and others lose their hair later on after birth and it just continues. I think youre fine but if you are worried then I would call your doctor and ask if you are alright.


Good Luck
I lost so much hair when I had my last baby and it took about 6mths for it stop.. Its because when you are pregnant the extra hormones make you grow more hair (usually) and when you have the baby and everything settles down all that hair falls out.
The same thing is happening to me. I didn't start loosing hair until my son was 7 or 8 months. He is now 1 yr. old and it's still going on. I hate it, but hopefully it will stop soon. Good luck.
This is relating with your chromosomes. A generation problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment