Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair loss, dry skin and weight gain after pregnancy?

Anyone else experienced this? I recently stopped breast feeding and GP believes this is the contributor of weight gain but to be honest how can you pile on 14 lbs in 5 weeks with no change of diet? This also doesnt explain the bald patches either side of my head lol! I did lose my hair and gained a massive 28 lbs after my first born (it took 2 years to get back to normal) and I really dont want to go down that route again. Bloods have been taken and their testing for underactive thyroid, is this a possibility? or is this part and parcel of pregnancy?





Nature is cruel isnt it, I think its making sure im soooooo unattractive that no one will impregnate again me for quite a while lol ;)Hair loss, dry skin and weight gain after pregnancy?
Honey, I'm so sorry, bet you're feeling pants right now. Hair loss I'm not so sure about, but weight gain does make sense. Can someone tell me why you only hear of all of these problems AFTER you get pregnant, I knew nothing of these things prior to having my little girl!Hair loss, dry skin and weight gain after pregnancy?
Yes - I experienced this after my wife became pregnant.
Well if I were you I would get a 2nd opinion hun!! I don't think 14lbs in 5 weeks and hair loss in that amount is in anyway normal!!
I'm still losing clumps a day 5 months later. I think it's normal. My hairdresser said my hair was so thick during and immediately after pregnancy that it was like another person's head! She said she couldn't even really cut it because it was so dense.
Yes, you burn a lot while breastfeeding and I'd imagine I'd be really scared when the weaning time comes (I'm still breastfeeding now and I've lost more than what I gained during pregnancy).


I'm having hair loss right now. But I thought it was because my hair was so thick during pregnancy and three months postpartum, I didn't know you could have a bald patch from that. Now you scare me.





But it's all part of postpartum things.





In addition to that, I also have a really low blood pressure. This one I'm not sure why.
LOL....


This is all normal, you can burn up to 600 or more calories a day breastfeeding. The hair loss and dry skin is due to hormones. Drink pleanty of water and hopefully it will help.
im male
Been on minoxidil for about a year and a half and have not seen even the smallest amount of regrowth.





My hair only started visibly growing after doubtfully trying out the natural techniques to re-grow lost hair @ http://www.regrowmyhair.info





I would sincerely %26amp; highly recommend this easy to follow step-by-step guide with pictures to anyone who is suffering from hair loss right now.





Anyway, its also a cheaper and effective way of regrow-ing lost hair compared to those unnatural ways which may involve harsh chemicals that may have side effects.





Good Luck !
All the goodness has gone from your body with birth and breastfeeding.





You need to supplement your diet now with multivitamins





Belive me you will get back to normal.
Eucerin lotion for the skin. Ooohh, don't know about hair loss.That sux. Might be thyroid and pregnancy. good luck.
THis all might be happening due to the hormones...I had pretty dry skin and my hair loss was horrible...I had to cut my hair due to the loss
hormones suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment