Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair loss during pregnancy?

I am currently 21 weeks pregnant. Everything I read is telling me that the pregnancy hormones stop me from shedding hair like I normally do. I have noticed excess hair on my body, but I feel like I am shedding more hair from my head than usual. I have to clean my brush out a few times a week. I am not concerned about my hormone levels or anything with my pregnancy--everything is going fine and the baby and I are both healthy. I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this, contrary to what you might read?Hair loss during pregnancy?
I really hope that you don't lose hair the way I am right now! I started to shed what I thought was a significant amount of hair at about 4 month pregnant. My son is now 5 months old and I should really be bald right now! I have to vacuum everyday and there are clumps of hair on my pillow in the morning and handfuls come out in the shower! My doctor assures me that's it's normal but it's really annoying.


Don't worry you're not alone *sigh*Hair loss during pregnancy?
Have you had your iron levels checked yet?


low iron levels can cause brittle hair and hair to fall out.

No comments:

Post a Comment