Sunday, February 12, 2012

Question about hair loss after pregnancy?

I already have really thin and fine hair, I'm so freaked out I'm going to go bald or be able to see my scalp through what hair I have left after the baby is born. Could that happen? And is there anything you can do about it?Question about hair loss after pregnancy?
Don't worry. You don't really lose hair, your body just holds on to more while you're pregnant. After you have the baby, the hormones will go back to normal and hair will fall out, but it's hair that DIDN'T fall out when you were pregnant. YOU WILL NOT GO BALD!Question about hair loss after pregnancy?
Hi There,



First off I am guy, so I don't completely know what you're going through. But, I did suffer from male pattern baldness, had a hair restoration surgery, and now have a lot more hair than I did five 9 months ago.



That said, since receiving my hair restoration surgery I've kept a blog documenting the whole thing, including pictures and video of my results. I'm not suggesting that you should get a hair restoration surgery, because I don't think it's right for your case of hair loss. Instead, I encourage you to visit the blog and check out the female hair loss section.



In your particular case, I think you're hair loss is being caused by stress (both physical and mental perhaps). The female body goes through a lot of changes during and after birth and hair loss is relatively normal; however, it depends from case to case weather or not your lost hair will grow back. That's something you'd have to consult a physician about to get a clear answer.



Best of Luck!

-Seth
you are lying
Dont worry, my mom, aunts, cousins, and friends all lost some hair.

They thought they were gonna go bald too ^_^

Its nothing to worry about... it happens to all women.

Thats what all pregnant women tell me ^_^
I'm not sure what you can do, but that majorly sucks, its all the hormones that are still running through your body from the pregnancy, it can last for up to 7 mos and take around 4-6 mos to start happening, but it will be over and you will be relieved, i know I was. lol but here i go again (pregnant round 2)

Here read up on this link, it explains it better than I but this is very much NOT uncommon:

http://babyparenting.about.com/od/postpa
i never experienced that nor did any of my friends so i wouldnt worry about it too much!!
I also had thin hair before my daughter was born and now my hair is really thin! You can really see my scalp through my hair in the front top sides...I practically have a receding hair line. I hate it, it's really embarrassing! I'm interested in reading the answers you get!
It is common to have hair loss after pregnancy. It happened to me (but I have plenty). My hair came out by handfuls when I brushed it. Vitamins will help with this. They promote hair growth, and sometimes thickness. You may want to continue your pre-natal vitamins after you deliver. Or possibly check with your pharmacy about any others that promote hair health. Also, don't comb through tangles w/out a good conditioner. That's why alot of women lose hair....they don't treat it good enough!
Here is an excellent site with some wonderful options 4 U.
Dunno Sorry!!!
i know how you feel i had 2 babies within the year my hair was looking wonderful untill about 6 months post partum my hair falls out in clumps ends up in the food clogs all the drains ect its terrible however my hair dosent look thin i think your body should know to a certain degree if hair can be lost.

i had my youngest 10 months ago now and my hair still falls out like theres no tomorrow.

some women arnt even effected by that though i wish you luck stress less enjoy your baby its only hair.
Your hair actually tends to get thicker during pregnancy. In the first trimester you lose hair, but from there on it gets thicker. Be prepared though, after you give birth it will start falling out again, but it won't be thinner than it was before.
It's possible. I suffered from this and it was coming out in clumps, I almost thought there was something seriously wrong with me. I started reading up on it. A lady lost her hair for about 8 months, and yes she started balding from it. I started taking multivitamins, and extra Vitamin E. For me it seemed to slow the hair loss, and eventually it stopped... I didn't go bald, and you couldn't even tell I lost any hair. So you should try a centrum, and a capsule of vitamin E.
When you are pregnant, you body wants to hold onto everything you have. After you deliver, it lets go. Losing some hair is definitely a normal thing. I would just take notice of how much you find in your hair brush. I don't know if there's really anything you can do to stop the process. You should also watch your shower drain. If you notice that the water's not going down quickly, you'll need to put some stuff down there to dissolve the hair.
Here a few simple home remedies which can be tried at home to control hair fall. To treat hair loss apply a little lemon juice with some black tea. Massage well and shampoo.Rub oil into the scalp. Wring out a towel in hot water and wrap it on the head. Keep it on for 15 minutes. Shampoo and dry well. Check out http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment