Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair loss after pregnancy,... two years on.?

I had my son in January 2007 and as usual i lost clumps of hair after he was a few months due to my hormones returning to normal, however it is still practically half of what it used to be before i was pregnant. Everyone notices how thin my hair has become and my scalp is extremely visible under certain lights, it's very embarrassing. I'm turning 23 and I've been to a few doctors, all whom couldn't care any less if i was balding.





Have any other mothers experienced this and will my hair eventually grow back or am i just beginning a path of even more hair loss?Hair loss after pregnancy,... two years on.?
Hi. Hair loss from pregnancy should not last this long. It should have stopped by now ( and started to grow back ). My advice to you would be to go to the doctor ( a women doctor will be more sympathetic ), and get blood work done. I went through the same thing, only to find out that my Thyroid level was off ( a condition that often happens after childbirth ). It will cause your hair to fall out, and not grow back, unless you take medication to treat it. You could also be lacking in certain vitamins or minerals, or your pregnancy could have caused a hormone imbalance. All of these things can be tested by blood work. The quicker you find out the cause, and treat it, the better. I'm soooo sorry you have to go through this at 23. I know how upsetting it can be to lose your hair. Please go get the blood work done. Hopefully it will show what the problem is. Hang in there %26lt;%26lt;%26lt; Hugs %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Hair loss after pregnancy,... two years on.?
Your hair should have grown back by now - mine did.





I experienced thinning and loss of hair on parts of my scalp which I put down to stress. My hair grew back but for 5 years the left side of my scalp did not grow. Last year I started taking a natural nutritional product for general wellbeing but to my surprise my hair grew back after just 1 month.





Here's a website that uses only natural stuff to promote hair growth in men and women that works to help you grow and nourish new hair without side effects. www.ArrestBaldness.com
If it hasn't grown back by now you need to consider that it may be from one of the following reasons:





1. Female pattern baldness - believe it or not, most women affected by hair loss lose it for the same reasons as men. They suffer from androgenetic alopecia which is a reaction to male hormones in the body, specifically the conversion of testosterone into the hair-unfriendly DHT. In the case of women, pattern baldness may start later and the effects may be less extreme due to the influence of female hormones, but the condition is nonetheless the same as that found in male pattern baldness.





2. Telogen effluvium - this is regarded as the second most common cause of women's hair loss and this is unsurprising given the nature of the condition. Telogen effluvium is characterized by a general thinning of the hair and is usually brought about as a result of some traumatic event causing sufficient stress to interfere with the normal hair growth cycle. Given that pregnancy is a prime example of the type of event that can shock the hair growth cycle then perhaps the high incidence of telogen effluvium amongst women is only to be expected.





3. Alopecia areata - this is the third most common hair loss condition to affect women. It is characterized by patchy areas of hair loss on the head or it can be more widespread over the body. It is thought to be caused by deficiencies in the immune system but much is still not known about the condition. In many cases the hair regrows spontaneously after a variable period of time, but in a minority of cases the problem may be more severe and longstanding.
  • chin blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment