Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hair Loss after Pregnancy?

Im so depressed, I had a baby almost 7 months ago and im losing hair like crazy! Is this normal? The top of my hair right above my forward is thinning!! It looks like I have a bald spot someone even mentioned it today. Has anyone else experienced this? Does it grow back and what can i do to help it grow faster! Im only 23 :(Hair Loss after Pregnancy?
Yes this is normal but it is always a good idea to talk to your doctor if you think it is too much. Make sure you are eating right, getting plenty of water and rest. These things, as well as stress can effect your hair.Hair Loss after Pregnancy?
HAD A BABY 6 and half months ago and I too am loosing a ton of hair. Its the hormones. You have to remember that when you were pregnant you hair grew long and lustrous. Thick and beautiful or atleast mine did. Then wam it was all over 4m after giving birth. I too am very thinned in the same area. I think a week or two ago I just started noticing new hair growing in and I can't tell you excited and relieved I am.


SO as soon as your hormones level out and things start going back to normal you should experience re-hair growth. HUGs. If not check with you ob or doc and get your thyroid checked. Some women experience hypothyroidism after having a baby and just need a lil bit of med's to help get things back to normal.


ps. to help hide it for now part your hair on the side that it looks thicker or get a hair cut to help make it less noticeable.
I've heard that, during pregnancy, you don't lose as much hair as you would normally do. So, once you had the baby, it looks like you're losing more than normal but really you're not. I would assume that it would come back but if you're really concerned and it's too much you should check with your doctor to see if you're low on certain minerals or vitamins that help with hair growth. In the mean time, try your best not to stress as it would only add to the matter...I know easier said than done but try....Good luck!
It's normal to lose hair after having a baby because while you're pregnant you don't shed hair that you normally would, making your hair look much fuller. Are you sure your hair wasn't like that before and you're just used to your pregnant head of hair? I can't think of anything to help other than using good shampoo and conditioner, don't dye it, don't straighten it, don't curl it, basically let it do its thing and see if it improves. Good luck! =]
I also lost an unbelievable amount of hair, im 22 now, had my baby at 20...if you have a bald spot, you should see a doc since it may be alopecia, i have really bad thinning, but no bald spots, bald spots are a larger cause for worry. This is usually caused from stress and/or poor diet. Ask your doc asap. In the meantim, eat good, take a biotin supplement and try Mane n' Tail shampoo and conditioner.
This is due to hormonal changes and is absolutely normal. Make certain that you are still taking a really good vitamin supplement with antioxidants, eat well, and get as much sleep as possible. This will help your body re-adjust.





There is no point going to a doctor. They can't do anything about this because it is typical, and they can't fix typical.
OMG i thought i was the only person in the world with this. After i ad my first son my hair feel out like crazy for a year (i know you don't want to hear it was a year) The dr. told me it could be from my birth control or my hormones. Go to the store an buy some prenatal vitamins it helped me, and i know this sounds kind of gross but only wash your hair 3 times a week.
Its very normal. When you are pregnant you loose less hair then you normally would. After your baby is born all the hair that you would have lost during pregnancy is also shed. I know that it looks like really dramatic hair loss, but it should be back to normal by the time your baby is a year old.
Yes this is normal. When you are pregnant your hair grows in thicker from the hormones and vitamins. After birth the hormone levels go down and your haur will fall out. It happened to me too. I had to un clog the shower drain because so much of it would fall out that it would clog it. It does go back to normal after a few months.
I had the same thing happen. And the only time it grew back is when I got prego again but after that baby some of it stayed some didn't. I didn't think it was that bad until someone pointed it out to me I know how bad I felt I am sorry.
For hair loss you can try this remedy. Mix 1 egg, 2.5 tablespoons milk powder and 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil. Massage on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo.


Check out http://usefulinfo-hairloss.blogspot.com/ for more info.



Omg i feel your pain! The same thing is happening to me and im only young too. I had my baby 4 months ago and find hair coming out ALOT quicker than ever before. Its crazy. I hope someone has an answer because I dont like it much either.
i did not lose any hair during my entire pregnancy and lost hair hair like crazy after the delivery. it is very normal dont worry.
if you got any medications while giving birth then that can cause hair loss up to one year and after that it should grow back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment